Ed Dietrich brings over 25 years of experience in security technologies and anti-counterfeiting strategies to collIDe. Working with major global customers in the areas of currency/secure documents, passports/ID documents and brand protection programs, Ed’s breadth of experience includes strategic development, mergers & acquisitions, and technology assessment.
Ed has held senior management positions with several of the leading companies in the authentication industry including:
- Hologram Industries - Senior Vice President - Sales & Marketing - North America
- JDSU/Flex Products Division - Director of Sales & Marketing
- OpSec - President & COO - OpSec US
- American Bank Note Holographics - Director of Sales & Marketing
Ed also served as Director - Americas for Reconnaissance International where he led the company’s consulting practice and co-developed new conferences in product authentication. During his tenure with Reconnaissance, he served as principal consultant for a range of engagements for Fortune 50 companies, VC’s, investment banks and start-ups.
Ed is regarded as a subject matter expert in anti-counterfeiting and authentication. He has written and presented on these topics throughout his career and has testified before the US House of Representatives on counterfeiting threats and technologies.
He has also been active in the management and growth of several industry associations including:
- International Hologram Manufacturers Association - Board Member
- International Authentication Association - Founding Member and Board Member
- US Chamber of Commerce - Coalition Against Counterfeiting and Piracy (CACP) - Chair of Technology Task Force
- Document Security Alliance
- North American Security Products Organization (NASPO) - Board Member
- American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)